Monday, September 29, 2014

Welcome back Juniors! 

Introducing the new president and executive board


The GFWC Junior Women’s Club of Springfield is a wonderfully  diverse blend of women, all ages, and backgrounds from all over the Delaware County .Our main purpose it to bring together all these exceptional women to  laugh a little, smile a lot, help others, raise money for charity , to make long standing friendships, promote awareness to our own community and it’s good deeds that count, and to bring together hearts.
I am a transplant from North East Philadelphia. While Springfield is and has been my home for 17 years, I found it a little hard to meet good friends because Springfield is such a tight community. I have  gotten to meet so many wonderful people through school organizations, sitting on the sidelines at my kids sporting events and many summers at the Springfield Country Club, and  of course now through the Junior Women's Club . It is truly the people that make Springfield  and Delaware County a great place to live.
I became a member of the Juniors only a year and a half ago. At the time I joined I was wondering what it would be like and if I would like it. I found that within a few meetings and events, that this group was different. Each and every woman I have gotten to know has a story, a purpose, a goal and a desire to part of a dedicated group of women who desire nothing more than good friendships, good times  and being part of something good.
When I tell people about our program it always brings a smile to my face.  And when I try to encourage others to join, I always tell them that it is not like any other. When asked to be president, I hesitated. Mainly, because I was basically new to the program. But I remembered my mom Bebe’s words of encouragement  of always saying “go for it kid!” And with that, here we go!
I am proud to announce that our charity for the next 2 years will be Careys Against Cancer. It is foundation my sisters, Marylou, Trish and Nancy and I started 17 years ago, in our parents Bebe and Bob Carey’s memory, to provide financial help to friends and families who may be struggling with  the burden of cancer.
So this year, let’s “go for it!” together and welcome a new year at the JWC.
Thank you.      Annie Linton, President, September 2014– June 2016

Executive Board September 2014 to June 2015

1st Vice President     - Lisa Hellberg
2nd Vice President   - Athena McCallum
Treasurer                   - Jess Borthwick
Secretary                   - Tina Stiles

No comments:

Post a Comment